Trust ChimneyTEK For All Your Chimney & Masonry Repairs!
Deteriorating masonry creates a variety of problems for homeowners. It takes away from the aesthetic appeal of the home, as passersby will gawk at the unsightly chimney. But more importantly, it is a safety and efficiency issue. For your chimney to operate as it should and last as long as it should, the masonry must be in pristine condition. That’s where we come in!
Each and every member of our team is educated and trained by the National Chimney Sweep Guild (NCSG) and certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America (CSIA). With this level of knowledge, you can trust our staff to handle all of your chimney and masonry repairs. We want homeowners in the Dover area to feel safe and comfortable as they relax by the crackling fire, and it all starts with thorough, dependable service.
These are some of the chimney and masonry repairs we perform:
- Smoke Chamber Parging: The smoke chamber is located directly above the damper and helps funnel the smoke and various byproducts of fire out of the chimney. But when cracks, rough patches, and dangerous deposits are present, the fireplace’s safety and efficiency suffers. Parging smooths the surface of the chamber and helps eradicate buildup of any hazardous materials, so that smoke can swiftly move up and out of the chimney. Learn more about our smoke chamber parging services here!
- Damper Repair & Installation: The damper is what’s just below the smoke chamber and what closes and opens the flue. It’s designed to keep outside air from entering the home when the fireplace is not being used and to prevent inside air from being lost up the chimney. But dampers can have problems. Most commonly, dampers break, rust into place, or just do a poor job of sealing off the flue. Whatever the issue may be with your damper, we can help by replacing it with a new top-mounted damper. Learn more here!
- Tuckpointing: Masonry must be durable enough to withstand years of damage from the elements. However, as masonry ages, the mortar between the brick develops cracks and holes while crumbling and deteriorating. Moisture and insects enter your home this way and create a litany of problems. Luckily, we can perform tuckpointing services to repair your masonry and restore it! Learn more about our tuckpointing services here!
- Chimney Rebuilds: If your chimney is damaged beyond repair, we can rebuild the entire system. Chimney rebuilds are necessary if the chimney is leaning or severely structurally damaged. In addition to ruining the look of your system, this is a major safety and efficiency issue. Learn more about our chimney rebuilds right here!
- Chimney Relining: The flue liner is one of the most vital portions of your chimney system and it has an incredibly important job. What does it do? It keeps all those hot burning embers, destructive byproducts, and dangerous gases contained and ushers them up the chimney and out of the home. The problem is this: chimney liners, like anything else, can fail and deteriorate. When this happens, it’s imperative that the liner be replaced before you light another fire in the fireplace. Learn more about how we restore chimneys by relining with stainless steel right here.
- Chimney Leaks: Water is the #1 most destructive element your chimney faces, and when a leak is present, damage can quickly spread, and repair costs can quickly add up. Here at ChimneyTEK, we do our best to quickly repair leaks and prevent them altogether with our flashing repair, crown repair, and chimney waterproofing services. Find out more here.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
If you are in need of chimney and masonry services, don’t wait any longer to give us a call at 302-729-6112 or schedule an appointment online! Our trustworthy team operates on each chimney in the Dover area with care — as if it were their own. We can’t wait to restore your chimney to its former glory.
Call today to learn more about our chimney and masonry repair services or to schedule your next appointment. We’re here for you six days a week!
If you are in need of smoke chamber repairs, we’ve got you covered!